Hey everyone! I’ve been completing my holiday shopping and I figured I would do a little last-minute holiday gift idea for those of you still stuck on what to get your family and friends.
These are my favorites, and many happen to be on sale or offering special discounts. Hoorah! Here we go:
(FTC: I was not paid or sponsored by any of the brands or companies mentioned below. Enjoy!)
1. Skin Apotheke Ayurvedic Skin Care. A favorite skin care line of mine, handmade and expertly formulated. The Rejuvenating Eye Creme is my all-time favorite eye cream, and I’ve mentioned it before (it was also on my must-have products list in 2010). Right now all products in the store are 10% off with coupon code HOLIDAY.
2. 23andMe DNA & Ancestry Test. One of the coolest, most unusual products out there. Normally $99 plus $9/month, it’s now on sale for $76. Just order a kit, the kit arrives, you spit in a little tube, send it back, and wait 2–6 weeks for your results! The test analyzes your DNA for fun things like hair color and ear wax, as well as serious things like health traits and disease risks (which you have the option of viewing or not). The best part for me was the health traits and ancestry testing, which shows your full genetic heritage.
3. DoMatcha Green Tea.This dainty little can contains matcha, a powerful powder chock full of antioxidants and amino acids. Plus, EGCG, which is responsible for helping with weight loss and cancer prevention, is 137 times more bioavailable than regular green tea.
4. Paleo Comfort Foods: Homestyle Cooking for a Gluten-Free Kitchen (Cookbook). Easily one of the single best cookbooks I have ever had the pleasure of using. They include recipes for unique salads, soups, various meat dishes, seafood dishes, and more. Some of my family’s favorite meals have resulted from this cookbook (my person favorites are the beef stew and “fried” chicken).
5. 100% Silk Pillowcase. Buy a pair of these and you have the perfect gift for a girly girl or someone who just enjoys luxury. Silk pillowcases are a dream for your keeping your hair and skin smooth and unruffled. I’ve been an avid silk pillowcase fan for almost 10 years and bring one with me even when I travel.
6. Zombie Insurance. This has nothing to do with beauty, but it’s hilarious and under $10!
7. Tarte Makeup Palettes. Tarte has some fantastic paraben-free eyeshadow palettes. While the ingredients aren’t perfect, they’re a TON better than conventional makeup brands. I picked up a few for gift-giving this year, and an eyeshadow palette for myself to try. Other makeup brands to try: Real Purity, Jane Iredale, Living Nature, and All Natural Face.
8. Water Filtration. In my opinion and as a result of my research, these are the best water filters I have ever found and ever used. I had their countertop sink unit and shower filter for about 4 or 5 years, and recently upgraded to their EWS Spectrum whole home water filter (which is $300 off right now) so I don’t have to use their shower filter anymore. I am in LOVE with these systems and they’re on sale until the end of December. Check out their “Clearance” section too for sink filters and such!
10. Bloom. Another favorite shop of mine that I’ve just discovered is Bloom, which calls itself a “social beauty shop”. They have a huge selection of products and lots of great discounts and sales all the time, which definitely appeals to the little deal-monger in me. They also give you cash back on orders, kind of like drugstore.com — love it.
What are you getting for your friends and family? I’d love to know!